34. With a lot of difficult problems _____the newly-elected president is having a hard time.
A. settled B. settling C.to settle D.being settled
33. If this dictionary is not yours, _____can it be?
A. what else B.who else C.which else’s D.who else’s
32. If one never studied, he would havenothing _____.
A. succeeding to do B.succeeded C.to succeed to D.to succeed in
31. Spend your time just on the things youfind _____.
A. to be worth doing B.worth being done
C. being worth your while D.them worth doing
30. _____ as Edisonwas, he knew a lot about science, especially electricity.
A. Child B. The child C.A child D.such a child
29. Throughout the world _____ advance hasbeen made in science and technology is due to education which brings forthknowledge, creation and inventions.
A. whoever B. whatever C.what D.that
28. Up to Tuesday’s attack, the worstschool shooting in the U.S.was in March 1998 inJonesbora, _____ two boys, aged 11 and 13, shot and killed a teacher and fourgirls.
A. while B.where C.when D.then
27. If I correct someone, I’ll do it withas much good humor and self- restrain as if I were the one _____.
A. to correct B.correcting C.having corrected D. being corrected
26. _____ the window, my finger was cutunexpectedly.
A. Clean B.To clean C.While cleaning D. While I was cleaning
25. All of the flowers now raised here havedeveloped from those _____ in the forest.
A. once they grew. B. they grewonce C. that once grew D.once grew