BRITAIN is a popular tourist place. But tours of thecountry have pros and cons.
Freemuseums .No charge for outstanding collections of art and antiquities .
Popmusic .Britain is the only country to rival(与……比敌)the US on this score.
Blackcabs .London taxi drivers know where they are going even if there are neverenough of them at weekends of night.
Choiceof food .Visitors can find everything from Ethiopian to Swedish restaurants.
Fashion.Not only do fashion followers love deeply and respect highly brand names suchas Vivienne Westwood, Alexander McQueen; street styles are justly loved, too.
Poorservice .“ It’s part of the place .People can dine out on the rudeness they haveexperienced,” says Professor Tony Seaton, of LutonUniversity’s International Tourism Research Center.
Poorpublic transport .Trains and buses promised to defeat the keenest tourists,although the over-crowded Londontube is unbelievable popular.
Lackof languages .Speaking slowly and clearly may not get many foreign visitorsvery far, even in the tourist traps.
Rain.Still in the number one complaint.
Noair-conditioning .So that even splendidly hot summers become as unbearable asthe down-pours.
Overpricedhotels .The only European country with a higher rate of tax on hotel rooms is Denmark.
Licensinghours .Alcohol(酒)is in short supply after 11p.m .even in “24-hour cities.”
56. What do tourists complain most?
A. Poor service . B.Poor public transport
C.Rain . D.Overpriced hotels.
57. What do we learn about pop music in Britain and the US through this passage?
A. Pop music in Britain is better than that in the US.
B. Pop music in Britain is as good as that in the US.
C. Pop music in Britain is worse than that in the US.
D. Pop music in Britain is quite different from that in the US.
58. When is alcohol not able to get easily?
A. At 9:00 p.m . B.At 10:00 p.m . C. At 11:00 p.m . D. At 12:00 p.m .
59. Which of the following is true according tothe passage?
A. You have to pay to visitthe museums. B. It’s very cheap totravel by taxi there.
C.You cannot find Chinese food there. D. The public transport is poor there.
After graduation from college, I started tosell. Soon I discovered that the 36 expression I had been wearing sincechildhood meant sure 37 . I knew it wasn’t going to be easyto 38 that expression on my face left by somany years of hardship. It 39 a complete change in my view onlife. Here is the 40 I tried.
Each morning during a fifteen – minute bath, I 41 to cultivate (培养) a big, happysmile. I found out, 42 , that it couldn’t be a forced smile 43 just for the purpose of putting dollarsin my 44 . It had to be an honest – to –goodness smile from down deep 45 , an outward expression of happinessfrom within!
Let’s see 46 starting off with a good fifteen–minuteworkout of the smile muscles 47 meduring the day. Before entering an office I 48 think of the many things I had to be 49 for, work up a bigsmile and then enter. Seldom did it fail to get the same smile 50 from the person I met. I also found that it 51 people when I passed them on the streetto give them a 52 smile.
Give every living shoul you meet the best smileyou have 53 smiled in your life, and see how muchbetter you 54 and look. It’s one of the best ways I knowto 55 worrying, and start living. When I begandoing this. I found I became more welcome everywhere.
36. A. happy B.worried C.curious D.surprised
37. A. success B.friendship C.failure D.wealth
38. A. wear B.show C.change D.see
39. A. made up B.brought in C.turned over D.called for
40. A. way B.example C.idea D.thought
41. A. determined B.hurried C.failed D.pretended
42. A. therefore B.however C.instead D.Otherwise
43. A. introduced B.developed C.discovered D.left
44. A. opinion B.honor C.bill D.pocket
45. A. outside B.upward C.inside D.forward
46. A. when B.how C.whether D.why
47. A. helped B.upset C.satisfied D.disappointed
48. A. could B.might C.should D.would
49. A. ready B.eager C.thankful D.famous
50. A. in general B.in public C.in return D.in advance
51. A. greeted B.pleased C.puzzled D.welcomed
52. A. cheerful B.forced C.strange D.bitter
53. A. never B.just C.already D.ever
54. A. prove B.appear C.feel D.remain
55. A. keep B.stop C.hate D.protect
35. I would appreciate if youcome to my grandma’s birthday party and say “Hello” to her.
A.that B.it C.you D.her
34. Not only give people relaxation and pleasure, but increasetheir knowledge of any kind.
A.can travel; it can B.travel can; can it C. can travel; can it D. travel can; it can
33. To all the famous artists’ surprise, the unknown woman’stwo paintings are also on show in the artexhibition.
A.little blue oil B.blue little oil C.oil blue little D.little oil blue
32. --- Shall we meet tonight?
--- Sorry, I’m busy. How about day?
A.every other B.the other C.any other D.some other
31. The Huangguoshu Waterfalls is a great tourist , drawingmillions of visitors every year.
A.attention B.attraction C.appointment D.arrangement
30. Tom, turn down the music. Why you make such abig noise while your baby sister is sleeping?
A.could B.would C.should D.must
29. --- How can you use my computer without my permission?
--- Oh, I totell you. I hope you don’t mind.
A.forget B.forgot C.had forgotten D. am forgetting
28. It is a good idea to ask for a map at the informationcenter, mayprove to be very useful before you start your tour of the museum.
A.where B.which C.who D.that