85. -I’m sorry to keep you waiting.
- Oh, not atall. I here only a few minutes.
A. have been B.had been C.was D.will be
84. -We could have walked to the station, it was so near.
- Yes. A taxi at all necessary.
A. wasn’t B.hadn’t been C.wouldn’t D.won’t be
83. It was about boo years ago the first clock with aface and an hour hand was made.
A. that B.until C.before D.when
82. Tom’s mother kept telling him that heshould work hard, but didn’t help.
A. he B.which C.she D.it
81. -Where can I get this medicine?
- At chemists. It is on saleeverywhere.
A. each B.some C.certain D.any
80. -Hilary, I think I’ll just have some coffee for a change.
- . The coffee I bought yesterday is in the cupboard.
A. Coffee would be better B.Change it, please
C. So do I D.Help yourself
79. -Was Tom there when you arrived?
- Yes, but he home soon afterwards.
A. had gone B.has gone C.is going D.went
78. -Let me help you prepare dinner, Mom.
- , but your homework hasn’t been done. You’d better finish it first.
A. that’s all right B. you’re welcome C. that’s very kind of you D.I’d love to
77. -You could have asked your brother for help. He is good at math.
-Yes, A wholeday .
A. will be wasted B.had wasted C.was wasted D.would be wasted
76. -Happy birthday, Helen. Here are some flowers for you.
A. Don’t be so polite B.How much is it? C. Oh, how beautiful they are D. Thankyou very much