114. Written in a hurry, _____. How can itbe satisfactory?
A. they found many mistakes in the report B.Sam made lots of mistakes in the report
C. there are plenty of mistakes in the report D.the report is full of mistakes
113. Mr and Mrs Scott prefer a restaurantin a small town to _____ in so large a city as New York.
A. this B.one C.it D.that
112. The first set of textbooks_____ forteaching English as a foreign language came out in the l6th century.
A. written B.had been written C. to be written D. was written
111. While he was in his college days heused to _____ long hair.
A. dress B.wear C.remain D.grow
110. A country bus was going along awinding road _____ it slowed down and stopped.
A. while B.as C.when D.then
109. I thought her nice and honest _____ Imet her.
A. first time B.for the first time C. thefirst tine D.by the first time.
108. -Computers are used in every walk oflife mow.
-Bat only in recent years _____ to use personal computers.
A. when people have started B.when have people started
C. people have started D.have people started
107. With _____ she needed _____, she leftthe market place.
A. something; to bay B.everything; have bought
C. nothing; buying D.everything; bought
106. We should prevent pollution _____happily.
A. from living B. to live C.from being lived D. to living
105. The doctors insisted that the patent_____ badly hurt and that he _____ at once.
A. be; be operated on B.was; be operated on
C. was; should operate on D.is; mast be operated