134. _____ more from his bed, WashingtonRoabling directed construction by watching from his apartment window.
A. Be able to B. Beunable to C. Unable to D. Able to
133. It is a common belief _____ teenagerstoday know about computers and are familiar _____ using them in an aspects oflife.
A. that; out B.what; with C.That; with D.what; about
132. No sooner _____ the parrot flew oatand settled in the same tree _____ the cat.
A. had Jim opened the cage that; as B.had Jim opened the cage than; as
C. Jim opened the cage than; with D. Has Jim opened the cagethan; with
131. The sun was shining brightly, _____everything there _____ more beautiful
A. making; wok B. to make; looked C. and made;looking D. and making;be looked
130. Mr. Green drove slowly on the way homeuntil he reached the high way, _____ the speed limit was to miles per hour.
A. because B.which C.where D.that
129. Henry can’t attend the party_____ atTom’s house at present because he is preparing the speech at the party _____ atMarie’s house tomorrow.
A. held; being held B.to be held; to be held C. to be held; held D.being held; to be held
128. - We are leaving on June 15.
-So why not come to spend _____ days with us? I’m serious.
A. all these last few B.these au last few C. these last all few D. all last thesefew
127. The soldiers soon reached _____ wasonce an old temple _____ the villages usedas a school.
A. which; where B. what; which C. where; which D. what; where
126. It was five o’clock in the afternoon _____ they climbed up to thetop of the mountain.
A. since B.when C.that D.until
125. Last term our maths teacher set sodifficult an examination problem _____ none of us worked out.
A. that B.as C.so that D.which