94. Galileo lived in the city of Pisa in the 1600’s, about 400 years ago, _____, as isknown to us all, there is a leaning tower about 180 feet high.
A. when B.as C.where D.there
93. If you go to Xi’ an, you’ll find thepalaces there more splendid than commonly _____.
A. supposed B.suppose C.to suppose D.supposing
92. We were just _____ calling you up _____you come in.
A. about; when B. on the point of; while C. on thepoint of; when D.on the point of; as
91. Although we hadn’t me for twenty yearsI recognized him _____ I saw him.
A. the moment B. one moment C. by the moment D. for the moment
90. Once lost, _____.
A. it is said to get such a chance again. B.One can never get such a chance again.
C. such a chance will never come again D. to get such a chance will be difficult.
89. -Who are you waiting for?
- _____ theman wounded in the left leg.
A. The doctor will operate on B.The nurse to be looked after
C. The doctor to operate on D.His brother got
88. A bullet hit the soldier and waswounded in _____ leg.
A. a B.one C.the D.his
87. _____, I have never seen anyone who’sas capable as John.
A. As tong as I have traveled B.Now that I have traveled so much
C. Much as I have traveled D.As I have traveled so much
86. So difficult _____ it to live in anEnglish-speaking country that I determined to learn English well.
A. I have felt B. have Ifelt C.I did feel D.did I feel
85. Finding her car stolen, _____.
A. a policeman was asked to help. B.the area was searched thoroughly
C. It was looked for everywhere D.she harried to a policeman for help.