95. I was ill that day. Otherwise I part in the party.
A. would have taken B.took C.had taken D.were to take
94. --- Why? Where is the key to the meeting-room?
--- Dearme! You it in the taxi!
A. had never left B.didn’t leave C.never left D.haven’t left
93. Ten minutes earlier, we could have caught the first train.
A. but B.so C.and D.or
92. ---Do you mind if I practice playing the piano here?
A. No, pleasedon’t B. I don’t want you to C.I’m afraid I don’t D.I’d rather you didn’t
91. --- I didn’t see her yesterday .
--- Of course, you , because she had gone on a trip.
A. can’t B.may not have C can’thave D.mustn’t have
90. - Which would you rather have, tea or coffee?
A. Sure, I would B.Yes, please C.Yes, both D.Neither, thank you
89. Don’t all speak at once! , please.
A. each at one time B. one by one time C. one for eachtime D. one at a time
88. -There were already five people in the car but they managed totake me as well.
- It a comfortablejourney.
A. can’t B.shouldn’t C.mustn’t have been D.couldn’t
87. -Nancy is not coming tonight.
- But she !
A. promises B.promised C.will promise D.had promised
86. I don’t really work here; I until the new secretaryarrives.
A. just help out B. have justhelped out C. am just helpingout D. will just help out