题目列表(包括答案和解析)
10. Anyhow, I’ll see you next week. 不管怎么说,我下星期会跟你见面的。 anyhow 副词,在肯定句中,译作“不管怎样”.“反正,”在否定句中译做“无论如何”。
e.g. Anyhow, let’s try again. 不管怎样,我们再试一次吧。
I’ve tried, but I can’t open the door anyhow.
我已经试过了,但无论如何也打不开门。
9.There’s no need for that 没有必要那样。
There is no need for …/ to do sth “没有必要…”其后接介词for 或不定式结构。
e.g. There is no need for alarm. 没必要惊慌。
There is no need for more talk . 没必要再谈了。
8.I didn‘t mean to be so rude. 我不是存心要那么粗鲁的。
mean 后面接名词或不定式,作“有意”“意欲”
e.g. ––– I was angry indeed, but I didn’t mean any harm.
––– It’s not important.
––– 我确实很生气,但我并无恶意。
––– 不要紧。
––– I apologize for shouting at you. I didn’t mean to be so rude.
––– That’s OK.
––– 我对你嚷叫,要向你道歉,我不是存心那么粗鲁的。
––– 没关系。
7.So I got angry and started shouting at you . 于是我生气了,对你叫喊起来。
shout at 对某大声嚷 (怒喊)
He shouted at me , for I broke his glasses. 我碰碎了他的眼睛,他冲我大喊。
shout to sb. 高声呼喊某人
I shouted to the little boy and warned him of the danger.
我高声警告那男孩有危险。
6.I apologize for being so angry with you
我对你生那么大的气,该向你道歉。
(1)apologize to sb. for … 为…而向…道歉
e.g. He apologized to me for stepping on my foot .
他为他踩了我脚向我道歉。
I apologized to you for losing your book .
我为弄丢了你的书而向你道歉。
(2)be angry with at sb. about (at ) sth 为…而生…的气.
e.g. She was so angry with /at me . 她对我大发痺气.
What are you angry about ? 你生什么气?
5.I don‘t want to argue about it any more . 我不想再争论下去了。
(1)argue with sb. about sth. 与…争论…
They were arguing about a trifle. 他在正在争论一个小事。
He argued with the taxi driver about the fare.
他就车费与出租出车司机理论。
(2)not …any more = no more 表“动作”的不再发生。
Time lost won‘t return any more = Time lost will return no more.
失去的时间不会再来。
The boy made a promise that he would not lie any more.
这男孩保证不再撒谎。
4.How can you change your mind at last minute? 你怎么能在最后一分钟改变主意呢?
How can (could) you…? 是表示责备(reproach)的句式。
e.g. How could you be so rude ? 你怎么可以这么粗鲁呢?
How can you do that to him? 你怎么那样待他呢?
3.You don’t keep your word. 你说话不算数。
keep one’s word 作“守信用”. “遵守诺言”解。
e.g. You may trust him. He always keeps his word. 你可以相信他.他总是守信用的。
She said she’d come. But she didn’t keep her word. 她说她要来的.但他没有守信。
2.…but we said we’d check with each other first. 但是我们说过,还得事先互相说定呢.
check with 作“与…核对”解
e.g. You should your answers with the key at the end of the book.
你们应该根据书后面的解答核对答案。
You should check with them before signing the papers.
你应该同他核实一下,再在这件上签字。
1.We fix it. 我们约好了的嘛。
fix 在该句中作“确定”“约定”解。fix 作此义解时,指确定时间、日期、价格等。
e.g. Let’s fix a date. Would the weekend suit you?
我们确定一个时间吧。这周末对你合适吗?
We won’t be able to fix the price until next month.
要到下个月我们才能确定价格。
Let’s fix a place to meet? 我们确定会见的地点。
湖北省互联网违法和不良信息举报平台 | 网上有害信息举报专区 | 电信诈骗举报专区 | 涉历史虚无主义有害信息举报专区 | 涉企侵权举报专区
违法和不良信息举报电话:027-86699610 举报邮箱:58377363@163.com