155. When the headmaster _____ the room,all the pupils stood up.
A. saw B.entered C.appeared D.came
154. I couldn’t go to the party because ofa _____ cold.
A. quick B.surprising C.sudden D.hurried
153. Since he began work, he hasn’t _____asked his father for money.
A. greatly B.very much C.badly D.ever
152. The college got some money by sellingone its old _____ pictures.
A. useful B.helpful C.usual D.valuable
151. After three hours of hard fighting,the southern army won the _____.
A. force B.power C.war D.battle
150. Mary said that she was _____ able towash the plates herself.
A. too B.quite C.much D.very
149. He came to my house last night andinvited me to join in a _____ of football.
A. match B.team C.game D.party
148. Students should answer seven of the_____ questions.
A. below B.following C.under D.added
147. “Here’s the money I promised,” hesaid. “I always _____ my promise.”
A. agree B.follow C.made D.keep
146. She was standing by an electricheater, and her nightdress _____ fire.
A. caught B.set C.took D.had