165. I _____ to him for what I said.
A. excused B.apologized C.pardoned D.explained
164. _____ at the door before you come intothe room.
A. Hit B.Knock C.Touch D.Strike
163. I’ve _____ my things at home.
A. forget B.forgotten C.left D.lost
162. The city’s underground _____ morepeople than the buses.
A. brings B.sends C.fetches D.carries
161. A kind of glass dish that _____ heatis useful.
A. resists B.rejects C.defends D.keeps
160. The clock _____ and we realized it wastwo o’clock.
A. struck B.hit C.turned D.rang
159. These shoes are too dear; I’m lookingfor _____ ones.
A. lower B.cheaper C.dearer D.better
158. It was midnight I didn’t now the party would finish _____ likethat.
A. last B.late C.long D.at last
157. I’ve promised to help you and I’ll_____ my word.
A. hold B.keep C.follow D.take
156. Like aeroplane pilots, people who_____ must know how to direct the ships.
A. ride B.hunt C.sail D.travel