185. Facing danger, he always _____ calm.
A. seems B.remains C.becomes D.appears
184. When my sister phoned me, I could nothear clearly what she was _____.
A. speaking B.talking C.saying D.telling
183. She _____ me why she wanted to leavetoday.
A. explained B.said C.told D.suggested
182. Can you _____ to carry that heavy boxby yourself?
A. arrange B.offer C. manage D.prepare
181. She said she could not _____ all theinformation given in the broadcast.
A. believe B.expect C.act D.rely
180. Look, what Father _____ me when hecame home from work!
A. took B.brought C.carried D.fetched
179. It can take up three months to _____ aman to do this work.
A. guide B.raise C.train D.learn
178. The man who makes no mistakes usuallymakes _____.
A. everything B.nothing C.something D.anything
177. It was not easy for him to buy goodshoes because he had such a big _____ of feet.
A. couple B.size C.number D.pair
176. We had a long meeting yesterday. It_____ four hours.
A. kept B.spent C.continued D.lasted