15. - Why are you so late?
- Well, _____, my broke down halfway.
A .I say B.you understand C. I mean D.you see
14. - Why not join us the game?
A. Sure, please do B. No, you dothe same C.Oh, that’s all right D.Ok, coming.
13. - Is there anything I can do for you,sir ?
A. Yes, you are welcome B.Ok, your time C.Not now. Thanks anyway D. Sure goahead, please
12. When Tim asked why he had to bed, hismater told him the saying “the early bird _____ the worm.”
A. caught B.catches C.catch D.all catch
11. - Whore is your dictionary?
- What do your dictionary? You’ve got one yourself, haven you.
- Oh, if I _____ mine, I _____ yours.
A. had got l wouldn’t wait to go B.have got l wouldn’t need
C. get l won’t need D.would get l wouldn’t have needed
10. - _____ the new VCD for me, Mum? Youpromised.
- Oh, dear I forgot.
A .Will you buy B.Did you bay C. Have youbought D. Wouldyou bay?
9. - I m yurt phoning to wish you good luckin your exam tomorrow.
A. Thanks. I can’t wart to go
B. Thanks, I can’t believe it’s been five years.
C. Thanks. We’re really happy. Everything went smoothly
D. Thanks. I m a bit worried abort it actually
8. - Con I help you carry this box intoyour hotel room, Granny?
- No, boy. It is _____ heavy _____.
A. so, thank you B. very, thankyou C.rather, how kind of yon D.too, than all the same.
7. - Do you mind the window being open?
-____, it’s much too cold.
A. Yes, please B.I m don’t want you to please
C. Yes, I do mind D.I’ m afraid I don’t
6. - Jane: Its many years I last saw you,Mary.
- Mary: _____.
- Jane: I wouldn’t have either, if someone had not called you.
A. you haven’t changed so much, Jane. B.I recognized you at first sight, Jane.
C. I had thought I would meet you here, Jane D.I didn’t recognize you at first ,Jane.