44. -I’m not sure what time I’ll arrive, maybe half past seven or aquarter to eight.
- , I’ll be there as early as possible.
A. anyhow B.however C.thus D.therefore
43. The nurse treat the naughty boy verykindly, but her patience at last.
A. went down B.used up C.got away D.gave out
42. The plan you’ve made is of greatinterest, but it doesn’t seem .
A. actual B.special C.normal D.practical
41. It is the narrowest part of the river.They told the villagers that a bridge be built here.
A. might B.must C.should D.could
40. As they were to agree to mysuggestion, I had to give up my idea.
A. the first B.against C.the last D.second
39. I should like to try that coat on tosee if it is my .
A. shape B.size C.model D.pattern
38. Tomorrow we’ll go on a journey, I hopethe weather, as it is tomorrow, will fine.
A. continue B.turn out C.promise D.become
37. The writer was a wonder. He was full ofimagination and wrote many stories.
A. wonders B.wondering C.wonder D.wondered
36. -Are you satisfied with the result?
-Not at all.It couldn’t be .
A. any better B.any worse C.so bad D.the worst
35. Her parents had had a very anxiousmoment but everything all right in the end.
A. turned up B.tuned to C.turned out D.turned away